Thursday, November 09, 2006

My New Wallet

This is my new wallet. My old Poketo wallet that my friend DJ Big Cookie gave me was getting all worn out and the change kept exploding out of the coin purse. DJ Big Cookie's designs were all sold out (and I'm hoarding my Postal Service freebie), so I took my chances and went directly to artist Susie Ghahremani's website to see if I could score one of her typewriter wallets. Whew, it was there. I also ordered one of the notepads, there were birds and owls on it, how could I resist?

The funny thing was, when I walked up to the grocery store yesterday (the Chef needed mushrooms) and I pulled out my wallet at the checkout line, the grocery store check-out kid said, "Nice wallet!" and when I started to explain how I knew someone that did designs for them, he pulled out his own wallet and said, "Look! I have a Poketo wallet too!" We got all excited talking about vinyl wallets, until the stupid middle-aged women behind us wanted (ahem) to have her goddamn groceries checked and I had to go home.

Do you think I should be worried that the highlight of my day was talking vinyl wallets with the grocery store check-out kid?

No comments: