Monday, January 08, 2007

Patti Smith is Hot!

The Chef expressed some disappointment that this blog had not been updated, so I'll just take this opportunity to remind him of what we did yesterday. Because I wanted to see the movie "Little Children," and The Chef likes science fiction, we went to see "Children of Men." It was our compromise. However, watching this movie was very traumatic for the both of us. Generally, I don't like to waste such a high level of stress on made-up things, which is why I don't like horror movies or riding rollercoasters, or having people sneak up behind me and shouting, "BOO!" See "Children of Men" at your own risk. It's way more traumatic action than story.

Afterward, we sped home to hide from the future and The Chef made hamburgers for dinner. I grew up eating hamburgers for dinner on Sunday -- EVERY Sunday. It was also the only night as kids we could watch television and eat dinner at the same time. It was a big treat. The Chef & I usually eat recover-from-the-weekend soba noodle soup on Sunday but tonight we needed comfort so we ate our hamburgers and watched Helen Mirren being interviewed on "60 Minutes." I nearly felt that fear of having to go to school the next day. I bet you a zillion million dollars my parents were also eating hamburgers and watching "60 Minutes" last night. I'll have to call them and ask, "Who knew that Helen Mirren was a English seaside town carny girl?"

Today (not as bad as going to highschool) I had to go into the office, which reminded me of reason #823 it's nice to work at home. This morning I heard one of my co-workers say, "I CANNOT find an "attractive" picture of Patti Smith!" I sighed to myself, "Idiot." But THEN they said, "I can't believe she found someone to marry her!" WHAT?!? I automatically snorted in disgust and then there was silence coming from the other cubicle. Like without big tits and blonde hair, Patti Smith doesn't have anything going on. IDIOTS! Working from home, it's easy to forget how stupid and shallow people can be. I want to say it's a good thing to be reminded of this reality, but it's not. It made me feel better that a rock goddess like Patti Smith wouldn't give a rat's ass. Cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, that exactly explains my adoration of Keith Richards.

HausFrau said...

Ah, but you are forgetting about the hot chick double standard! Keith Richards would not be in the Rolling Stones (or be allowed to sleep with them) if he was a girl. That reminds me -- watch the Annie Leibowitz documentary (American Masters) on PBS! Great story, and great pictures of Keef!

Anonymous said...

You make a fine point, Hausfrau. But I still respond to his "I don't give a damn" attitude. And I already have TIVO set for the A.L. documentary.

Kim Bitter said...

. . . and the American Masters doc included great pictures of Patti Smith too.