Monday, January 01, 2007

Just One Dot


Usually on New Year's Eve the Chef & I stay at home watching "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve," nodding off before midnight. But this year we went to a party! At Mr. Alex Trebek's house! It was within stumbling distance, so it was hard to come up with excuses of why we couldn't attend. Plus there were lots of nice people there including Leslie and Quami Quami and some of the Scrabbel posse. There was even a funny guy there that trailed the Chef, convinced that the Chef spoke as slowly as he spoke rapidly -- the two extremes of the language speed ladder. Eventually they figured out that they used to work together at the video game place. There were a bunch of people playing "Dance Dance Revolution" which is usually one of my favorite things to point and laugh at, but I must have been too drunk to focus on them. Dammit!

Alas, I had so much fun that I made the mistake of drinking too much champagne, which despite being used to celebrate things, usually just makes me feel queasy. Stoopid bubbles. After midnight and all the hooting, I turned into that drunken hiccuping person and (hic) the Chef and I (hic) stumbled (hic) home (hic). Then I threw up while the Chef went back to the party to retrieve my favorite scarf. The Chef took pity on me and got me to bed, which is kind of a Freaky Friday scenario as I'm usually the caretaker of the drunk person in our house. Thanks Chef!

I woke up to the glorious new year not being able to stand upright. Proving once again that even old people who know better sometimes act like idiots.

Already, 2007 rocks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, and tonight it is I who puts the drunk one to bed in a change of normal events. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

My dear Rock Papa had to tell me it was time to leave the party on New Years Eve and I fell into a drunken sleep before midnight. He's so good to me, even though I'm old and act like an idiot sometimes. I rewarded him by getting up and making loads of comfort food the next day.

Happy New Year, my dear Haus Frau and Chef!