Monday, January 22, 2007

Considerate Desserts

It was only when I was washing the dishes left behind by eight dinner guests did I realize, hey! wait a minute, why is this so easy? Not only did a few of our guests bring desserts, but those kind folks brought plate-less, fork-less treats like delicious peanut butter brownies and fancy cookies from the $10 organic cupcake bakery! While at the time I was gobbling them down I was simply thinking, YUM - it's now I realize that it also resulted in eight less plates and utensils for me to scrub. This sort of thing brings great joy to a lazy hostess with no dishwasher. But who needs a dishwasher when you have such kind and considerate dessert-toting pals? We should invite them over to dinner way more often.

p.s. okay so I admit that I haven't finished washing all the glassware yet, but The Chef (and cocktail maker extraordinaire) said he would help me tonight. Yet another good excuse for not having a dishwasher.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh. My mouth is watering thinking about all the desserts, and I miss you.

HausFrau said...

There are still a few left over -- I'll save them for you! (maybe I should put them in the freezer).