Sunday, August 12, 2007

Musical Saw Sunday

Who can resist the allure of a musical saw? We drove down to Felton (in the Santa Cruz Mountains) today to witness a whole mess of 'em at the Saw Players Music Festival.


It was quite amazing -- musical saw players of all ages and hipster levels - including the mighty saws below played by fellows who used mallets to bonk out the melody.

At the end of the afternoon, all of the saw players (who were left) sat in a circle and played "Auld Lang Syne" in unison.

Rock Mama -- we needed you here to represent some Mae Rae saw playing magic. Maybe next year when you are not busy planning your big party. We can't wait!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so cool!

Rock Mama said...

WOW! I was a card-carrying memeber of the California Saw Players Society for years and this picnic is THEE thing they do! Was Charlie Blacklock there? Oh boy oh boy! Thanks so much for sharing the photos! I can't stop using exclamation points!

HausFrau said...

I'm afraid that Charlie Blacklock didn't make it this year -- but there were numerous shout outs to him throughout the afternoon. (I think his son was there selling CDs.)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting these wonderful photos! I actually recognize some of my friends in them! I wish I could attend that festival - hopefully someday...

All the best,

Saw Lady
www.SawLady.com/blog