Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Heroes

Another update on a past event. Back on a Saturday afternoon when the Chef & I were grocery shopping and someone ran into the store and shouted "Call 911!" Soon our panic shopping ice cream was melting in the car while we waited for the crime scene tape to be removed from the parking lot. Can you believe what whiners we are? Because while we thought it was bad timing to be grocery shopping -- there was lots of good timing going down that day. There were three people who were in the right place at the right time (one an emergency medical doctor who I'm guessing was checking out with his groceries as we entered the store.) If not for them, that girl probably would have died.

I didn't think of it at the time that the ambulances rolled in, but it's now I'm thinking of you paramedic e11a and knowing that you would have and could have done the exact same thing.

All hail the real-life heroes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God, M, I can't stand how close you were to this situation. Stop it!!!! Nothing can happen to you, ok?

DH(A HA)PD said...

nice of you to think of me in any circumstance, but believe me...nothing heroic in what i do!

-elle a

HausFrau said...

You can't deny your mad life saving super power skillz!