Monday, August 06, 2007

Missing Fionn

Remember my story of how the Chef & I (drinking pints with M&N) heard Fionn Regan being played in a bar in Galway? It put me on a quest to track down "The End of History" CD in London only to rave about it to everyone (and their aunt) on our return.

Well, it turns out (duh) that I'm not his only fan -- Fionn Regan was recently nominated for a Mercury Prize award in the UK and his CD was finally released in the U.S. to great acclaim. When the Chef & I went to see him on Saturday night we were kind of hoping we would be the only ones there because he was the opening act for two bands we had never heard of. However, we were informed by the beefy bouncers that the show was SOLD OUT and we had to go home with big frowns on our faces.

If Fionn Regan comes to your town -- buy tickets in advance.

1 comment:

Rock Mama said...

SAD!
:(