Monday, September 10, 2007

MusicfestNorthWest

Back from Portland, Oregon -- and still groggy from four days of music, drink, food, music, coffee, music, drink and music at MusicfestNW. Highlights: sober Catpower, Viva Voce, Spoon, a live radio set from The Brunettes, Deerhunter (but Grizzly Bear scared the Chef -- how appropriate!), Damien Jurado, Jason Lytle, Okkervil River (despite the crowd frenzy), Holy Fuck!, Wolf Parade and a few other unintentional prog rock parodies. Here are some pictures before I fall asleep.

My new favorite indie pop band from New Zealand -- The Brunettes.

What more could you ask for...?

That's right, I take pictures of double shot espressos...

and Artificial Limb Companies.

Damien Jurado and xylophone playing friend Jenna Conrad - best set of the night.


Portland makes good use of all the trees.

and instead of tennis shoes, they toss up duck decoys to dangle.

1 comment:

Rock Mama said...

WOW! Such aural riches. I just saw that the The Brunettes are playing HERE in just two weeks! And it's even an early show for middle-aged rockers like myself. I take this all as a sign and a recommendation. Bless you, HF!