Thursday, April 12, 2007

Rough Trade Birthday

I've been lucky enough to celebrate three birthdays in London -- the first when I turned 19. Back then I spent the afternoon happily record shopping at one of my favorite spots. Today I'll be heading back there -- this time for CDs (exchange rate be damned!) This time (as the Chef waited for me) the guy behind the counter told me that usually it's the women who stand around with their arms folded and the men flip through the records. He said it was a nice change and gave me a free pin, proving that even old ladies can still experience birthday record store bliss.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, HausFrau! Thanks for the photo blog of your travels.

Anonymous said...

Happiest special day to a very special HausFrau! Kiss kiss hugg hugg!

Kim Bitter said...

Happy Birthday! Wish we could have had a Guinness together today. What are those clouds doing in your pictures?

HausFrau said...

Thanks for all the birthday cheers -- glad I can hear them all the way over here! (oh, and the clouds and a bit of drizzle returned once they heard that Kim Bitter and the future Principal had departed. Still, we are all Galway Water Crisis survivors!)

Anonymous said...

Damn it damn it damn it! All week I've been watching the calendar, determined not to miss your birthday (AGAIN). Some things never change. Happy belated Monique!