Monday, April 23, 2007

Adventures in Noogling


A few things I learned today:

-- New employees are identified as "Nooglers"
-- Giant real time word search projection screens in the lobbys.
-- The toilet seats are heated!!
-- New dot com lingo as in "We like to dogfood our applications."
(I'll explain later.)
-- People here are nice geeks not corporate goons. yay!

Also, the song that was playing when I entered the magic fantasy lunch room was (no kidding) "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight" by The Cutting Crew, which for some odd reason was the cringe worthy song heard throughout our recent visit to Dublin. This worldwide power ballad conspiracy made me start laughing hysterically -- which I had to quickly suppress lest people think this "Noogler" was standing in the middle of the lunch room hysterical with joy, at...all...that...delicious...free....food. I guess I could have been giddy over that alone, but really, it was The Cutting Crew!

Hey librarian -- do I blame the Divine DJ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even the Divine DJ needs a laugh now and then. Reminds me of the busker on State Street, who, I swear, stopped whatever he was playing and started in on The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald every time I walked by.
Anxiously awaiting instructions on how to dogfood an application.