Saturday, April 21, 2007

Jet lagged

The concept of time is still murky, yet slipping away so quickly this week. tick tick tick. We greet Friday night at The Alembic with our friend Trott (who is also celebrating a new job -- change is in the air) at this nice spot that would be nicer if I didn't have to skirt a bum on Haight Street to get in the door. Excuse me crazy person, I need a drink.

On the way back (while attempting to get Trott to invite us over for whiskey) we spot a bunch of girls on a stoop celebrating Spring Break and discuss the option of crashing their party. Our wishes are heard (as I am a loud wisher) and they wave us over, offering us sake in dixie cups. They are from Forestville (!) and are very impressed that I was just there YESTERDAY visiting with Miss Tancho. Such a small world as we sip sake on their stoop and discuss pancake breakfasts at the Sonoma county fire station. A good-time Friday night with friends and friendly strangers.

2 comments:

Trott said...

I think your attempting to get Trott to invite us over for whiskey involved you saying something like, "Let's go over to your place for whiskey!"

And you and E can come over to my place for whiskey any time. It's SP&C that the landlord and the carpet would be upset about.

Which reminds me of the best blog ever: www.caturday.com

Anonymous said...

hey Trott, if you keep reading my blog I won't be able to make up stories about you. However, please continue to submit crazy cat lady blog links.