Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Irish Goddess!

Even though the Irish Goddess is celebrating her birthday ALL MONTH (it's true) today is actually her real birthday. June 13th -- the day she was born to unleash her acerbic wit, endless talents and scary smarts upon the world. Irish Goddess has always been an inspiration to me, starting in Junior High and then high school when she stomped through the smoking section between the two buildings and didn't give a fig if idiots yelled cowardly things in her direction. I thought -- I want to be like that! I want to be myself and tell everyone else to piss off! Irish Goddess has always been punk rock (despite her favorite band being the Rolling Stones.)

Even though she lives far away, it's been a joy to be part of her world and keep in touch with her via pictures and stories and shout outs in the comments section. She showed me how this sort of modern day communication makes sense and inspired me to start this thing.

Thanks Irish Goddess -- and HAPPY BIRTHDAY (MONTH)!

(maybe this weekend I'll dig through boxes and find some picture of us wearing braces and threaten to post it here.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god!!!! You are the nicest friend EVER. I would dig seeing those shiney brace-filled smiles of ours, but perhaps not on the internet. If those show up here I might be tempted to post a picture of a certain 8th grade cheerleader...

P.S. Thanks for the honor of labeling me "punk rock". From you it means a lot. And you were every bit as brave as me. Stupid smokers.