Monday, March 26, 2007

Googler

It's official! After a month of interviews, filling out forms and going through background checks (and lots of worry worry worry) last week I was offered a new job. As a result, today I was able to waltz into the old place and give them my notice. Instead of begging me to stay they just seemed very happy for me. Then later, they asked me if I would consider still freelancing for them. I yelled over my shoulder on the way out the door, "Good luck with everything!" bwa ha ha ha.

Two years ago I thought I could adjust to the freelance world of juggling multiple assignments and working out of the basement with no idea about how much money I would make from month to month with absolutely no benefits, but I soon discovered (ok, it took me a while, but only because I try hard) that this life was not for me. Pros - ample time for a morning walk and eating lunch with cats on my lap. Cons - extreme isolation and long conversations with cats and strangers on the street(and also in the grocery store.) Talk to me people, will someone TALK TO ME!?!? I recall there were times I actually had to sit on my hands so I wouldn't call up my place of work and scream, "CAN YOU JUST TELL ME WHAT IS ACTUALLY GOING ON AT THAT PLACE?" I guess I'm the kind of person who needs to be more involved with um, everything. Or else. I restrained myself from screaming so I would get paid. Sometimes restraint pays off!

Next month I'll start working here. I still can't quite believe it. Thanks to those of you have put up with listening to me boast about fancy food and hybrid vehicle discounts. I am not worthy of your patience and support while I've been treading water for the last few years.

The best part of a new job is the magical time of fantasy before you actually start. I plan to enjoy every minute of my uninformed wonderland of the future, right up until I start my new job.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Mighty congrats to the Haus Frau on the uber-cool new job! Enjoy your fantasy pre-start time. Happiness all around!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! that is excellent. it is nice to be back in the world of social action...the working from home thing can begin to make you slowly crazy, i think.

what are you going to be doing for them? you will have to email me and give me the scoop.

hooray!
laurenggykd

DH(A HA)PD said...

woah, weird - that made it looks like i was a welsh lauren or something like that...it put the word verification on the end of my name.

lauren

(not laurenggkyd) ha ha