Monday, October 16, 2006

Dragon Fruit

Dragon Fruit is a very exotic fruit. It seems like it should only be eaten on episodes of Star Trek. Even better, legend has it that it was created by fire-breathing dragons! Although I had never seen one before, I discovered it comes in many different varieties, including one called David Bowie, a slender white variety that has a sweet and tangy flavor.

We had no idea what was going on inside the Dragon Fruit, but one night we had our friends Catherine & Robby Virus over for dinner. We all drank a lot and decided to cut it open. Strangely, we all agreed, it tasted a lot like spoonfuls of..nothing. We think ours was a Harpua, because it's described as "semi-sweet" and if so, ours was "semi semi semi semi-sweet." Perhaps it would have been better chilled.


I had a hard time taking a picture of the gelantinous speckled nothing stuff because I had been drinking and was laughing so hard. The blurry photo to the left was my third attempt, and it's still blurry.

Dragon Fruit is a very exotic fruit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never seen one before -- what a let down that it didn't have some exotic, flowery-yet-sweet flavor, yes?

I'm brand new to blogger and just came to visit and say hello!

Sherry