Saturday, October 20, 2007

Brooklyn

The first night I took the subway to Brooklyn to hang out with Joe. He runs a indie scenester record label now.

Brooklyn at sunset....

The door to Social Registry (and a hundred other art/music n' interesting stuff studios.) It's in an old building that was a pencil factory -- the first company to make pencils with erasers.

Speaking of firsts -- it was the first time I had seen Joe without a beard. Ever! Also, first time he's ever revealed himself as "office guy."



I took Joe out to eat and we discussed the last 15 years -- or longer. I forgot all about that cheese bribe I sent to Homestead Records in a failed attempt to win the entire catalogue in a student radio contest. Catching up with people you've known for a long time is one of the pleasures of getting older.

We spotted this guard dog on the way to the Social Registry/K/Asthmatic Kitty showcase at the Glasslands Gallery.

Jeremy Jay -- on K Records. They sound British so I forgive them for being from L.A.

My new friends Christy & Emily. Before their set, they asked me if I wanted to go drink whiskey and I said "OK!" Joe seemed worried, but they told me all about how they went on a European tour with The Nightingales. The Nightingales! I like Christy & Emily. Check out their amp...

2 comments:

Kim Bitter said...

Joe without a beard. Wow.

Rock Mama said...

Joe??? JOE!!!!!!!!