Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Burning Down The House

Everyone loves David Byrne SO MUCH that the crowd gave him a standing ovation when he WALKED OUT ON STAGE?! Harumph! Shouldn't he have to sing first? "Oh yeah" said the chef, "I guess the Talking Heads were played on the radio." It's hard to pay attention surrounded by that kind of eager enthusiasm. I'm a tough sell on ovations, they must be earned. Unless you are Johnny Cash and say, "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash."

However, all grumping was forgotten when the Extra-Action Marching Band came out for the encore -- what a welcome surprise, their edgy pom-pom-strippers-plus-horns skank completely balancing out the happy Up With People cheerleaders dressed in white. I won't brag about our seats, but we were closer than the person who took this video from the rafters.

3 comments:

Rock Mama said...

WOW! The band and cheerleaders are perfect! This makes me very happy. I only wish I could've seen it from the Chef and Haus Frau's seats.

Irish Goddess said...

Hello, I'm Johnny Cash.

HausFrau said...

((((((standing ovation)))))))