Tuesday, October 06, 2009

NYC

Recent weeks of whirlwind travel. NYC for fun and friends and Montreal for work (okay, it was fun too, or rather beaucoup amusé). What do I want to remember before my brain turns to mush? So many highlights - it's a blur....especially from the back of a taxi cab.


NYC: friends! food! drink! (The Spotted Pig, Fatty Crab, Prune, The Ginger Man, PDT, Spuyten Duvel & Diner in Brooklyn) Here is the printed menu @ Diner vs. the secret one that is ultimately written on the table by the cheery waitress.

music! (Marianne Faithful @ Town Hall w/my favorite hip jazzsters Marc Ribot, Joey Baron, Rob Berger & Greg Cohen and the Death by Audio Maze installation noise provided by ELECTROPUTAS) I was won over by Marianne's self-deprecating stage presence, as if she could fool us by pretending that she was a regular middle-aged lady. I'm not buying it Marianne.

Below - M&N enjoying the Electroputas, but not as much as The Chef who had to be pulled out of that scene by his neck scruff. I knew as soon as I heard the cacophony that he would be in heaven.
ART! photography: Robert Frank "The Americans" & Dennis Hopper (that's right, Dennis Hopper) "Signs of the Times" + funny faces @ the Met.

Nature! walking the High Line, Central Park and my friend the turtle @ the Brooklyn Botanical Garden.

One more memory from the Hell Elevator.


p.s. I lost my wallet in the back of a taxi and the world didn't end.

part two: Montreal....

1 comment:

Irish Goddess said...

1. Haven't told you lately that I ADORE you and your bloggy comments.

2. Marianne Faithful?! Sigh. Again, you are the coolest friend I have.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo