Friday, July 27, 2007

Mrs. Kittle

There are times when I use a funny alias at work (and elsewhere) that I've used since the "Heads Gone Astray" days at WLHA student radio at UW-Madison. At the time it was selected for it's mass-market mediocre music value -- a perfect match when attached to someone who played music on the radio that was the exact opposite of what it represented.

However, twice in the last week I've been asked if "Kittle" was my married name or my "maiden" name. I find myself explaining a series of bad music compilations released in the 1980's to whippersnappers who have no idea of what I'm talking about. "You know!" I say. They don't.

Not to bring anyone down, but that's how old we are.

Just call me Mrs. Kittle.

4 comments:

Rock Mama said...

The whippersnappers do not know what they missed. Would there even ever have been mix tapes without the K-Tel comps, which I owned and loved?? The whippersnappers are to LAUGH and I love being the senior scenester! HAHA!

Kim Bitter said...

Didn't bring me down, but did make me laugh. Where is their knowledge of 70's popular culture?! By the way, Mrs. Kittle, "Overcome evil with good" as a motto could use some improvement. Perhaps "Overcome evil with kittens"? That seems more likely.

Kim Bitter said...

Oh, yeah, when I related your story, the nieces suggested a change of name "Now That's What I Call Music" so the youngsters would understand.

HausFrau said...

perfect! how about Ms. NTWICM? sounds hecka hip-hop.